National Resources for COVID-19 Vaccine:
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. After you’ve been fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
CDC Website: How Do I Get a COVID Vaccine?
En Español: Vacunas Contra el COVID-19
FDA Website: COVID-19 Vaccines
Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine:
- All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States have been shown to be safe and effective at preventing COVID-19. Learn more about the different COVID-19 vaccines.
- All COVID-19 vaccines that are in development are being carefully evaluated in clinical trials and will be authorized or approved only if they make it substantially less likely you will get COVID-19. Learn more about how federal partners are ensuring COVID-19 vaccines work.
- Based on what we know about vaccines for other diseases and early data from clinical trials, experts believe that getting a COVID-19 vaccine also helps keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
- Getting vaccinated yourself may also protect people around you, particularly people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Experts continue to conduct studies to learn more about how COVID-19 vaccination may reduce the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19
To find a COVID vaccine near you:
Text your zip code to 438829
¿Necesita ayuda para encontrar dónde vacunarse? Llame al 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 888-720-7489)
Local Resources for Angelenos:
Need Help? Call the DPH Vaccine Call Center at 833-540-0473 if:
- You don’t have a computer or need help making an appointment
- You need transportation to a vaccination site
- You are homebound and need to get vaccinated at home (more info here).
Health Grant For Artists (Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties, CA) – Low-income artists who work in any genre or medium, who identify as a woman, as trans or nonbinary, and/or as a person of color, who live in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside or San Bernardino Counties are eligible to apply.
EVENTS (ONLINE LEARNING & WEBINARS)
SBA Disaster Loan Assistance– COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application (NHMC has applied for this)
SBA PayCheck Protection Program – Apply through your bank/ lender (NHMC applied for this)
LA County WDACS Employer Assistance Grant – There might be a waitlist available (NHMC Applied for this)