On June 29, 2018 the National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC) joined several groups and academics in a letter to Commissioner Michael O’Rielly requesting that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) change the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) on the Children’s Television Programming Rules to a Notice of Inquiry.
The letter states that the draft NPRM has a “vast number of unsupported claims and unanswered questions, as well as the numerous negative effects on children” and therefore the groups “strongly urge the Commission not to adopt the NPRM at its July meeting, and instead issue a NOI.”
To view the full letter, click here.
The full list of signatories include:
- Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood
- Center for Digital Democracy
- Common Sense Media
- Benton Foundation
- Berkeley Media Studies Center
- Color of Change
- Free Press
- National Hispanic Media Coalition
- Parent’s Television Council
- Dr. Jenny Radesky, MD, Lead author,
- American Academy of Pediatrics policy
statement for children 0-5 years Media
and Young Minds
- United Church of Christ, OC Inc.