Pasadena, CA - The National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC) celebrated its t 11th Annual Impact Awards Reception in Pasadena yesterday.
NHMC's Impact Awards Luncheon honors Southern California media professionals and entities, as well as public servants and community leaders, whose achievements, generosity of spirit, and courage under fire have greatly benefited the region's Latino community.
KTTV Fox 11 news anchor Laura Diaz and KCAL-9 news anchor Rick Garcia hosted the event. Notable guests include former Major League Baseball great, pitcher Fernando Valenzuela, as well as City of Pasadena Mayor, Bill Bogaard.
Click here to view a message from NHMC President & CEO Alex Nogales
- Kirk Whisler, President of Western Publication Research, Inc. -Outstanding Service and Commitment to the Latino Community
- Kim Baldonado, NBC4 Southern California Reporter - Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Sam Rubin, KTLA Entertainment Reporter - Outstanding Integrity in Broadcast Journalism
- Geoff Harris, NHMC Television Writers Program Mentor - Outstanding Service and Commitment to Latino Writers
- Jaime Jarrín, Los Angeles Dodgers Spanish-Language Broadcaster -Excellence in Radio Broadcasting
|NHMC President & CEO Alex Nogales, Hosts, Honorees & Fernando Valenzuela
Entravision Communications Corporation sponsored NHMC's 11th
Annual Impact Awards Luncheon. NHMC is also grateful to Platinum Sponsors Univision Communications, Inc, The Walt Disney and ABC Television Group, Fox Deportes / MundoFox, as well as Golden Sponsors CBS2/KCAL-9, NBC4 Southern California, and SOS Global Express.
The National Hispanic Media Coalition
is a non-partisan, non-profit, media advocacy and civil rights organization established in 1986 in Los Angeles, California. Its mission is to educate and influence media corporations on the importance of including U.S. Latinos at all levels of employment. It augments the pool of Latino talent with its professional development programs. It challenges media that carelessly exploit negative Latino stereotypes. It scrutinizes and opines on media and telecommunications policy issues. Learn more at https://www.nhmc.org
. Receive real-time updates on Facebook
and Twitter @NHMC