Media Advisory For:
February 24, 2017
MEDIA ALERT/PHOTO-OP: Latino Celebrities to be Honored at Oscar-Weekend Impact Awards Gala by National Hispanic Media Coalition
BEVERLY HILLS – Kicking off Oscars weekend, on Friday, February 24, the National Hispanic Media Coalition will host their star-studded 20th annual Impact Awards Gala at the historic Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, where Latinos making outstanding contributions to the positive portrayals of Latinos in film and TV will be honored.
Black tie affair to honor outstanding contributions to the positive portrayals of Latinos in media, hosted by the National Hispanic Media Coalition.
- Karla Souza, Outstanding Performance in a Television Series (How To Get Away With Murder)
- Jaime Camil, Outstanding Performance in a Television Series (Jane the Virgin)
- Roberto Orci, Visionary Impact Award (Transformers, Star Trek, The Amazing Spiderman 2)
- One Day at a Time, Outstanding Comedy Series, executive producers Mike Royce, Gloria Calderón Kellet, and actress Justina Machado to accept the award
- Elena of Avalor, Outstanding Animated Series, creator and executive producer Craig Gerber, and co-producer and story editor Silvia Olivas to accept the award
- Hate Rising, Outstanding Documentary, producer Catherine Tambini to accept the award on behalf of the team, including Fusion and Univision anchor Jorge Ramos
, a World War II veteran, actor, writer, producer, director, and creator of such legendary sitcoms including, One Day at a Time, All In The Family, Good Times, Sanford And Son, The Jeffersons, Maude, and many others that defined and revolutionized American television.
, actress known for Training Day
, Freaky Friday
and Welcome to the Dollhouse
, actress and producer known for Being Mary Jane
, Star Trek
and The Division
Friday, February 24, 2017
5:30 p.m. Media Check-In
6:00-7:00 p.m. Red Carpet Arrivals, Reception
7:00-10:00 p.m. Dinner and Awards Ceremony
Beverly Wilshire Hotel
9500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
For questions, interviews or to confirm attendance, please email Courtney Holsworth at email@example.com
Please send all red carpet requests to AEM at firstname.lastname@example.org
NHMC’s 2017 title and diamond event sponsors include The Walt Disney Company, Univision Communications Inc., and Comcast NBCUniversal.
The National Hispanic Media Coalition (NHMC) is a media advocacy and civil rights organization for the advancement of Latinos, working towards a media that is fair and inclusive of Latinos, and towards universal, affordable, and open access to communications. Receive real-time updates on Facebook, Twitter @NHMC and Instagram @NHMC_org.