Solutions 2020 Call to Action Plan.
Within the comments, NHMC asked Commissioner Clyburn to prioritize seven specific actions:
- Retention of existing media ownership limits and institution of the minority tax credit
- Rapid and effective implementation of the recent Lifeline modernization
- Defense of the Commission’s prison phone caps to protect families and increase community safety by reducing recidivism
- Ample access to unlicensed spectrum, particularly for entrepreneurs with limited access to capital
- Prohibition of forced arbitration and adoption of policies to prevent bill shock
- A strong FCC Office of Native Affairs
- Policies to promote disability access to all telecommunications, particularly for emergency communications
Joining NHMC in signing the comments were the American Civil Liberties Union, Center for Media Justice, Common Cause, Communications Workers of America, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, NAACP, National Consumer Law Center, and United Church of Christ, OC Inc. The full text of the comments can be found below.