“Latinos, Movie Watching, & Views on Representation in Film"
In April 2018, NHMC commissioned a poll, “Latinos, Movie Watching, & Views on Representation in Film.” Latino Decisions surveyed 423 adults in the United States who self-identified as Latino or Hispanic, with data collected from May 21, 2018 to May 29, 2018. The focus of the poll was to probe Latinos about their movie consumption patterns in the last 12 months, in theater and in home, views on Latino representation in film, and their willingness to act in response to poor representation. View the full poll results below:
LD_NHMC_Deck- Film Representation 2018
On July 31st, NHMC and NLMC announced its campaign against Paramount Studios, for its shameful numbers when it comes to Latino employment, in front of and behind the camera.
- Sign NHMC’s Color of Change petition at campaigns.organizefor.org/p/paramount.
- Make a sign and join us at the second demonstration in front of Paramount Studios at October 17th at noon at the corner of Melrose and Windsor. To RSVP, click here.
- Boycott Paramount Films. For list of films, scroll below.
- Follow us on social media for the latest updates: Facebook, Twitter @NHMC and Instagram @NHMC_org.
- For campaign updates, visit NHMC’s website at www.nhmc.org and join our mailing list by selecting ‘Latinx in Film Campaign’ list.
- Donate to the campaign by visiting: www.nhmc.org/donate.
- Nobody's Fool 11/2/18
- Overlord 11/9/18
- Instant Family 11/16/18
- Bumblebee 12/21/18
- Eli 1/4/19
- What Men Want 2/8/19
- Rhythm Section 2/22/19
- Wonder Park 3/15/19
- Pet Sematary 4/5/19
- Rocketman 5/31/19
- Limited Partners 6/28/19
- Dora the Explorer 8/2/19
- Gemini Man 10/4/19
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? 10/11/19
- Sonic The Hedgehog 11/8/19
- Untitled Terminator Project 11/15/19
- Loud House 2/7/20
- GI Joe 3/27/20