Provides programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
- Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
- Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
- Works well in a team environment
- 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
How to apply:
Please click here to apply for this job.