The 2016 Los Angeles Impact Awards Luncheon will be taking place on September 8 at the Hilton Universal City Hotel.
Every year, 200 local industry leaders join NHMC at its Los Angeles Impact Awards Luncheon to honor and recognize media professionals, local talent and community leaders in Los Angeles – the second largest designated market area (DMA), and largest DMA by Latino population, in the country – for their achievements and contributions tothe region’s Latino community.
To learn about how you can become a 2016 luncheon sponsor, please contact Brenda Rivas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-792-6462.
Last year, in an afternoon filled with moving speeches and appreciation of colleagues across all stations, the audience of more than 200 industry leaders was reminded of the importance of honoring and acknowledging the Latino and journalism community.
“I accept this award for that little brown girl sitting at home who might see me on TV and say ‘Hey that looks’ like me,” said Lynette Romero, reporter and anchor with KTLA 5 Morning News. “I accept this award for Alison Parker and Adam Ward, the two young journalists killed in Roanoke, Virginia, who will not be able to continue their careers.”
2015 honorees were:
- Daniella Guzman, NBC4 morning news anchor – Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Rick Lozano, FOX 11 reporter and anchor – Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Diane Medina, Vice President – Diversity Programs and Community Relations at KABC-TV – Outstanding Service and Commitment to the Latino Community
- Alejandro Mendoza, Univision reporter – Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
- Lynette Romero, KTLA 5 morning news reporter and anchor – Excellence in Broadcast Journalism
2015 NHMC Impact Awards Luncheon Sponsor: